Example: Social networks
With Struct.it, you can now collect information from different social networks about given URLs. Currently, Struct.it supports the following
social networks and sites:
- Google +1
To collect any type of data from the above-mentioned social networking sites, you will need to perform the following simple steps.
Note: In this example, we will add LinkedIn link sharing info
to this sample file:
- Click "create new" link to start file uploading.
- Enter a new list name in the designated field, then click Browse and select the file to upload.
- Select the file format (CSV, JSON, .xls, .xlsx, .ods/.sxc), and specify your preferred field separator (tab, space, comma, semi-colon) by clicking on the specific radio button.
- Click Submit.
Adding columns with LinkedIn data
- After uploading, click the "Add column" link. Add data column page displays.
- Select "uri:linkedin" dataset and first (1) column as source data.
Note: After operation has been added, list processing will take place. This could take less then a minute for small lists as in this example, and a bit longer for larger lists.
Checking data preview and proceeding to checkout
- Open Export operation on your list to see preview.
- If the data looks good, click the Buy list, and follow the instructions provided.
- After payment has been confirmed, results will be available for download.
Tip: Feel free to use data from preview to test your ideas or check, verify, and validate data quality.